Eco-printed artist books
Two day workshop
8th-9th June ~
12-13th October ~
This workshops offers you the opportunity to immerse more deeply into the reflective practice of eco-printing as you craft a collection of eco-printed hand bound artist books.
You will experiment with creating multiple bundles, exploring the interactions between different, leaves, metals, ways of wrapping and mordanting. Along the way you will be have the opportunity to use eco-printing as a mindfulness practice; noticing what is present for you in your making practice and creating space for these knowings through image, word play and your body.
You will leave the workshop with a textured collection of bespoke artist books, prints, knowings and connection to the ecology within yourself and without.
Over the course of the two days you will:
- Learn how to eco-print on paper
- Set up a dye pot
- Discuss mordants
- Utilise arts-based tools for personal reflection
- Engage in group work in support of your inquiry
- Learn how to hand bind books
- Develop tools for ongoing self-reflection
- Take home a collection of your own handcrafted artist books.